At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
Presertvative Free wine.
We have just released our forst wine made without the use of preservatives, adding sulphur to the wine. We keep the sulphur levels in all our wines very low but with this 2015 Syrah we just decided not to add any. I see no reason why this wine wont age but its tasting delisous and ready to drink at the moment. 2ppm Free sulphur and 3ppm Total.
Some of our customers have asked about Crystals at the bottom of some thier wine bottles, these are totally natural , totally harmless and a sign of a less processed wine. More info on the vineyard wine page.
- Chris has changed the Menu slightly- come in and check it out!
- Don't forget MOTHER'S DAY - Sunday 8th May. Book now!
- We have just got in some Cool gifts! They are made from "Re-purposed" Wine Bottles from Ake Ake - so it's like Full Circle! The items include: GroBots (self watering planters), Water Glasses, Hanging Tea light Lanterns and Tea light holders. Come in and check them out!
- Our trail through the vineyard is now open, FREE to all our customers, 1 km long with infromation along the way.
- Our latest releases are from the 2015 vintage, a PRESERVATIVE FREE Syrah which is tasting rich, fruity and juicy and a barrel aged Gewurztraminer which is spicy, gingery complex and delicious.
- After three years of hard work we are now a fully certified Organic vineyard. Our first fully certified organic wine will be from the 2016 vintage.