At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
- HEAD'S UP! The Restaurant is CLOSED Sat 1st March for our last Wedding of the Summer! John has moved over to the Winery so you can still taste wine and purchase your favourite bottle! The Winery will be OPEN until 4:30 on Saturdays.
- Black Jade will be back playing Jazz Friday 28th Feb from 6:00 untill 8:00ish. Accompanying Makareta is an exceptionally talented pianist.
- Put Wednesday, 26th March in your diary, as we are having an incredible musician coming to play at Ake Ake Restaurant. His name is Louis Baker and click here to view. More information to come next week.
- We have just had a video made of Ake Ake Vineyard + Restaurant - check it out!
- Please make sure you call and make a booking if you would like to come and dine, as we have weddings booked for every Saturday during February and we wouldn't want you to rock up and be turned away.
- Ake Ake Vineyard has commenced the transition period to become a certified Organic Vineyard with Organic Farm NZ
- Ake Ake wines win medals at NZ International Wine Show
- View our latest newsletter here (opens in new window)