At our boutique vineyard we specialise in growing and making award-winning wines from grape varietals such as Chambourcin, which are best suited to the Far North's climate and terroir.
The Vineyard Restaurant is renowned for serving fresh seasonal local produce to complement our wines. Set amongst the vines the restaurant is an ideal place for lunch, dinner and functions.
A visit to Ake Ake Vineyard is an excellent way to sample the best food and wine the Bay of Islands and Northland have to offer.
- Oktoberfest is set for Thursday 26th September. An authentic Bavarian menu created by our own Bavarian chef accompanied by a selection of German wines and beers. Price is $40/pp and usual time of 6:30 for 7:00ish dinner. Click here for the menu.
- The Annual Winemakers Lunch is Saturday 12th October. This will consist of 7 courses matched with John's new releases.The Lunch will start at 12:00ish and end - well who knows? What better way to spend a Saturday afternoon?? Price is $99.00 per person and Chris is in the midst of creating the menu.
- Thursday 21st November is Beaujolais Nouveau. This is we get to try the NEW WINE before the French! Chris will design a French inspired menu for the night.
- Steak and Bavarian Schnitzel Night is Thursday 19th September. There will be a choice of 2 different cuts of Prime Angus Beef OR Genuine Bavarian Schnitzel, 2 different sauces, 3 different potato dishes and the ever popular Salad Bar. All for only $29.95! We will be featuring this on every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the Month.
- We have also decided to OPEN on Christmas Day this year. We had so many requests last year that we have decided to do it. For more information go to the "Events" page.
- Ake Ake Vineyard has commenced the transition period to become a certified Organic Vineyard with Organic Farm NZ
- Ake Ake wines win medals at NZ International Wine Show
- View our latest newsletter here (opens in new window)