How To Build An Orbeez Gun
If you're looking for a fun and easy way to entertain your friends or family this holiday season, try building an Orbeez Gun! This simple project is easy to follow, even for beginners, and will have everyone laughing (and maybe even a few tears) by the end.
Get all the items you'll need.
For the Orbeez Gun, you'll need: -Orbeez gun -A bowl -A spoon -A small container -Clean water
1. Fill the bowl with clean water.
2. Dip the Orbeez gun in the water and let it soak for a few minutes.
3. Take the Orbeez gun out of the water and place it in the small container.
4. Push the Orbeez gun down so that it is submerged in the water.
5. Use a spoon to stir the Orbeez gun around so that it is fully submerged in the water.
6. Let the Orbeez gun soak for at least an hour, or overnight if possible.
7. When ready to use, remove the Orbeez gun from the water and place it back in the bowl.
Drill a hole in the base of the water bottle.
Drop the orbeez into the hole. Close the hole with a Sharpie. Point the nozzle of the gun in the general direction of your target and press the trigger. The Orbeez will travel at high speed and explode on contact, causing splash damage and a possible knockback effect.
1. Drill a hole in the base of the water bottle.
2. Thread the wire through the hole and tie it to the top of the plunger.
3. Pull the plunger up and down to shoot water out of the bottle!
Cut the bottom off the water bottle and set both parts aside.
On one end of the cut water bottle, make a small hole. This will be your trigger. On the other end of the cut water bottle, make a small hole that's slightly larger than the trigger hole. This will be your firing pin. Insert the firing pin into the trigger hole and screw on the top of the water bottle. Make sure it's tight! Cut two pieces of pipe about 2-3 inches long and screw them onto either side of the water bottle near the top. These will be your barrels.
Make sure they're tight by screwing them in half and then putting pressure on each end. If they don't fit snugly, you can use pliers to bend them until they do.
Now it's time to make the gun itself! Take one piece of pipe and cut a small slit in it so that it forms an L shape when you hold it up to your mouth. You'll need this slit to fire the orbeez.
Now take the other piece of pipe and make a small U-shape with it, so that it forms a bracket around your lower lip. Stick this bracket onto the front side of your L-shaped slit
Drill a hole in the center of the cap of your water bottle.
Push the orbeez down into the hole until they touch the bottom of the bottle. Pull the orbeez up out of the bottle. Slide a straw through the top of the orbeez and into the water bottle. Suck on the straw to suck up water from the orbeez. Flip over the orbeez gun so that the straw is pointing down. Fire by pressing down on the top of the orbeez gun.
Attach a piece of rubber tubing to both sides of the cap.
Screw the end of the tubing onto the top of the cap.
Pipe a small amount of water into the tubing, until it is about 2 inches below the top of the cap.
Place the cap on a surface that is flat and smooth.
Fire the orbeez gun by pressing down on the plunger until it goes all the way down.